Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Struggles Of The Supermarket

I have to laugh...
I treat a trip to the supermarket like I'm going to the mall. I don't know why. I just love going to the supermarket. Is it the music? The way I'm fascinated by new labels and things stacked perfectly and in size order? I don't know. I usually make a list of what I need. I don't take more than I can carry. I usually use my dominant arm to carry heavy things but also use this as an exercise to put a little more weight on my strokie side.
I have an obsession with canned beans. I like to be prepared. I always buy a can when I shop. The thought process behind this can only be attributed to when Hurricane Sandy rendered so many of us without access to food for a few days because all the supermarkets in the area lost power. Since then, I always make sure I am stocked on beans, rice, pasta and pasta sauce.
The past few trips I've gone to the supermarket, I've forgotten that I already have rice. Let me say that again. I already have rice. Like a lot of rice. Like maybe 3lbs of rice. Maybe I should stop buying rice. Eljon, stop buying rice BUT every time I go to the supermarket, I somehow have temporary memory loss and think, "Huh, I think I need rice." Now I have about 7lbs of rice in my kitchen cabinet. I have to laugh...Sometimes, we have to just giggle. Our memory banks are wired differently now yes, and that can be sad...but sometimes, when you look into your kitchen cabinet and see a little something extra, you have to laugh. Embrace the little quirks that are you, that are NOW you. It makes it a little easier when getting to know the new strokie you.
Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment