Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stroke and Sleep

Some sleep problems can lead to stroke...so I've been reading. I'm pretty worried about this since my dog has had insomnia for the past month. I'm not sure why she's having such an issue and neither is the vet. All I know is, now I'm stuck with a dog on Prozac (which doesn't seem to be helping).

In the meantime, I am suffering from sleep deprivation. I don't get more than 3 hours of sleep and my head has been hurting every day. In doing a little research without trying to scare myself, I've found that there is a connection between sleep and stroke. Some strokes are caused by lack of sleep and some sleep issues are caused by stroke. You already know by now that I am terrified of having another stroke and sometimes am a little too crazy with the research and end up freaking myself out but this seems to be something I should pay attention to.

Webmd says that getting too much sleep makes you at risk for a stroke! Another website says if you snore you can get a stroke, I mean come on. It seems like no matter what you do, you're at risk of a stroke! I think I'll call the doctor this week and go in and just hear straight from the horse's mouth what I am and am not at risk of. This could partly be why I can't fall asleep...well that and the Dumbo eared cutie in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment