Monday, April 4, 2011

I Feel Like The Weather

Dark and gross.

I am big into family, maybe because I don't have any brothers or sisters. That said, when I was recovering, I thought I would hear from certain people and I didn't...that hurt.  I'm telling you, all it takes is for one incident to happen to see who's really there for you.  I'm so grateful and touched by everyone who I've received emails, texts and phonecalls from especially because they didn't have to do that. If not for social media sites, we wouldn't know what was going on in each other's lives.  A phonecall? What is that? That's one of the reasons I love my bff. We still send cards. Sounds dumb I know but snail mail is really great.  Sometimes our lives get so busy, we don't hear speak to each other on the phone for days or 2 weeks but when that happens, I get a card from her or she gets a card from me.  It's the greatest thing ever.  We've been doing this ritual for over 11 years. It's a great little way to say hey I'm here.

We only see or hear from certain friend or family when there is a wedding or funeral.  That is awful...people always say, "let's not always meet like this" but does anyone actually mean or stick with that? I have been saying since this has happend that I am going to reach out more and try my best to keep in touch with people I wouldn't normally keep in touch with because life is short. I extend my hand and if you don't take it, then I know, that's your test.

Wow. I'm sorry for the Debbie Downer post today but I was really irked by this weekend. Anyway, back to the bright side of things.  By you not reaching out or keeping in touch, you don't have a place in my life, I have to let you go. As T.D. Jakes says:

"There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left...Let them go."

I like to say that to myself when I am feeling like this.  It really puts things into perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog Eljon. You remind of me of myself...I do not believe we are here to waste our lives and having people in my world who do not appreciate me is a waste of time. If you like, feel free to check out my blogs in http://wwwitsmywrite.blogspot.com and http://nowugetit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU! I've been following all this time, btu now finally linked my account! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm allergic to phonecalls :(
    but you can call me anytime :)

    how late is this comment right?

    ReplyDelete