Thursday, January 12, 2012

Aspirin Therapy

Since leaving the life I had with blood thinners last March, I have been taking baby aspirin every day to prevent future clots. Recently, my Mother asked me if I could get off the aspirin. I don't know, I feel very comfortable taking the aspirin even if it is for the rest of my life. It has become a bit of a crutch for me. I feel like if I don't take it and miss a couple of days, I'll immediately go into shock and stroke out.

My Mom seems to think that if I DO continue to take it, I'll end up injuring myself. I've been doing some research online and found that it's pretty dangerous to just stop taking aspirin. According to the Mayo Clinic, your body can really go into rebound mode and trigger a blood clot! 

I hope someone out there reads this and is able to pass along this info to someone they know. Who knew something as simple as taking daily baby aspirin could hurt you?

1 comment:

  1. hey even i think it may hurt you..
    its better you try to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete