Monday, April 2, 2012

A New Way Of Studying

On Saturday, I decided to take a class with a friend to build my resume. We're going to be tested on Wednesday and I'm SUPER nervous. This is going to be the first time since the stroke where I've had to memorize and be quizzed on something and to tell you the truth, I'm scared. Study methods that have worked for me in the past may not work for me now...I'm trying to figure that out.


Can you tell which is the old index card
and which is the new?
 One suggestion the teacher made was to make flash cards so as soon as I got home, I busted out my old index cards hidden deep in dust in the far corners of one of my drawers. You know you haven't studied in awhile when your index cards have yellowed! I quickly got to work writing down tons of definitions and words in different colored ink, laid them out on the table and started practicing, just like a game of Concentration. Remember doing that when you were little?

While I'm not as good as I used to be, I am pretty sure I can do this. I mean, how hard can it be right? C'mon brain, I know you have it in you to memorize some mumbo jumbo and hold on to it until Wednesday. If you do, I'll reward you with...a cupcake or some kind of ginseng treat to boost something up there? Do we have a deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment