Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Blessing In Disguise

Many times when things happen, we have to ask ourselves, "What could I have done differently?" or "What now?". Today I was faced with this and it's only now that I am seeing through the events of today and making sense of it all.

My job let me go today because they are moving my position to an out of state office. Granted, at first I was heartbroken but now I am seeing things a little more clearly. This is a blessing in disguise. I no longer have to go to a job where I am constantly reminded of my stroke. This is a new beginning. I should embrace it. Yes, not having a job is scary right now but I can't let it get to me too much because, what's not good for strokies? You got it, stress! 

I'm looking at this as just another facet of recovery. The final piece of the puzzle...no more stroke job, no more reminder of said stroke, minimized stress. Of course, this leads to the elephant in the room...health care! Luckily, I am covered until the end of July but what about after that? What do I do? Cobra is quite expensive as some of you know. And how does this take a toll on strokies? Do persons with pre-existing conditions have to pay a higher premium? Hmm, things to think about...tomorrow. For now, I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning and enjoy the forced vacation. :)

What a wonderful way to end Stroke Awareness Month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment