Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Think I'm Ready To Share...

For those of you who don't know, I am a Playwright. I just received my MFA this past May and couldn't be happier. I started this journey post stroke never expecting that I would be part of an Inaugural Playwriting class of TWO. Sometimes I still find myself in sheer shock of how much I've learned in the past two years. I am truly grateful for getting this far and wouldn't change anything about it. I gladly take everything, the good and bad experiences, the whole package.

I've tinkered with the idea of writing a stroke play but haven't really been struck by inspiration until today. I'm pretty nervous but I'm going to face this challenge head on. I can do this. In September, I'll be applying for the EST/Sloan Project to get a grant to write this. Cross your fingers and toes for me!
This has the potential to reach a brand new audience of people and to teach others about young people and stroke.

I'm pretty excited. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Eljon!

    Good luck with that new play :)

    ReplyDelete