Monday, September 10, 2012

COBRA Is Your Right!

I have had a myriad of problems with my ex employer regarding my healthcare coverage. I was supposed to be offered COBRA after my severance ran out at the end of July and the HR reps, who got everything wrong when I went on Medical Leave for the stroke 2 years ago, are now responsible for my current healthcare. Employers have 45 days from when one separates from the company to get everything organized and as it is, no one has been helpful. I have made calls myself to 3 different providers and administrators and have sent countless emails to HR and have received NO help.

I don't get it. Now I am stuck with medical bills for appointments I have had to make because of my pre-existing condition and have had to pay out of pocket. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't like paying over $400 out of pocket for a blood test when I should be covered.

I have spoken to the Department of Labor and they said they cannot step in until it has been 4 days. Well, I can't wait for that day to come because these people need a reality check. You can't do this to people, especially people who are sick. If that former employer is reading this, I just want to say this blog has over 14,000 views and it has been 40 days since you've ignored me...

Can't wait until 45. Please test me. Let me use you as an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment