Friday, January 18, 2013

Relaxation

Wow, I am really angry and upset after writing that last post...but I'm going to try and make it into something constructive.

What do you do when you are stressed and angry, so angry that you can practically hear your own heart beat? This is NOT good behavior for us strokies and we all have different ways of coping with stress and anger. Usually, I will take a walk...or do some deep breaths, but today that's not working. Right now I have a very nervous angry twitch happening with my right leg annnnnnd that's not good.

So, today I'm going to try something different. I'm going to call it Dance Therapy. I'm going to take all that anger and upset, throw a song on that I know fairly well and try and shake this off, dance around and sing some lyrics.

I challenge you to do the same when you can't shake off being frustrated. Let's teach each other. Do you have any techniques you want to share?

Brb, off to dance and sing badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment