Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mediterranean Diet-A New Way To Prevent Strokes?

The news world was all abuzz with reports that a traditional Mediterranean diet of high intakes of olive oil, fruit, vegetables and grains would lower your risk of stroke. Oh yes and low intakes of red meat, dairy and sweets are also recommended. Let's all look, really look at what I just wrote...go ahead, take a minute.
...
...
...
Did I not just describe a healthy eating diet PERIOD. Of course your risk of stroke and heart attack will go down if you do all of the above, but isn't that common knowledge? Eating less than a pint of ice cream a day will help lower your risk of diabetes. I mean, yes, right. Not drinking a cup of bleach will keep you alive. Oh, I didn't know that.

I get frustrated when medical knowledge is released as though it is some sort of big news. You're not telling me anything I didn't know 5 minutes ago. Does this annoy you too?

Come on guys, we can do better!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neeru! I just took the survey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eljon! Much appreciated! If you know anyone else who may be interested in reading a magazine aimed at stroke survivors, then please do share. Great blog. Thanks again :) Neeru.

    ReplyDelete