Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My New Play: Opening Night

My new one act play Opening Night, will be playing on April 29, 30 and May 1st at Fordham University as part of our curriculum.  I can't wait! I'm so excited. It's about a man who thinks he's experiencing a hallucination but finds out he's preparing for the end of his life. It's pretty much my take on what I think happens before you die. When I was hospitalized and stroking out, I daydreamed a lot. This has little nidbits of what was going through my mind. It's also what I'd like to think my Granny went through before she died. I started writing this after she died in November.

I swear, I'm not always morbid. In fact, this is a comedy! It's being double billed with Horse Girls by Jenny Rachel Weiner. She is my partner in crime aka the other MFA in Playwriting student at Fordham.

Info on the performances can be found here
I'll be posting pics from rehearsals once they start.
Did I mention that I'm so excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment