Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Magic Helps Strokies Recover?

Interesting. I'm curious to see what you guys have to say about this.
Apparently practicing magic motivates strokies to improve their memory and motor skills.

"Practising magic motivates people recovering from strokes to improve their memory and motor skills. It also helps to build confidence and fight depression, reports Lorna Stewart."-BBC

I have several problems with that quote above. First of all, do we need motivation? I'm pretty sure we all want to get back to being ourselves. Second of all improving memory...obviously ANYONE would want to improve their memory. I kind of take a bit of offense to the way this is worded but I could just be too sensitive. Form your own opinion haha.

Anyway, check out the link to the article and let me know what you think about this form of therapy. At the end of the day, whatever gets you motivated and excited without having to do frustrating exercises should be the takeaway from all this. I would do this in a sec. Improve myself AND impress my friends at the end of the day. Win win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment