Monday, October 23, 2017

Whoa, I'm Human!

Expiration dates...
It's not very often that I think about my own mortality. I mean, it's easy to say yes I know I'm going to not be on this earth one day but to actually process that in a real way is not something I tend to let seep into my mind. Is that weird? Or is it weird that I'm talking about it?
There are moments when I will catch myself looking in the mirror at the differences in my face, the new lines, the creases, the new white hairs. To me, we miss these things if we don't stare at ourselves every once in awhile. It's like with my parents. I stare at them sometimes. Whether it's me not allowing myself to see that they are aging or just not paying attention, I've let myself stare and I see them and it's a little scary. Not that they look scary! Just the way that life is short and time passes by so quickly. I find it does so the older we get.
We don't get many second chances. You can't hit reset on certain things and maybe that is what I mean by expiration dates. I think I had a moment like that this weekend. I am not a teen anymore. I'm 4 away from 40 and THAT is something I haven't come to terms with yet! Where did the time go so fast?
Maybe I'm just letting my mind run. Maybe I'm thinking about this because I'm writing about a death TV channel. This isn't meant to be a depressing post, more like a reality check for me and maybe it will inspire you. Really think. We all have an expiration date. What have you been putting off or dreaming about that you have to confront?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from stroke for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this  , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from   stroke within one month of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life  back  again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with stroke  you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .  

    ReplyDelete