Friday, March 11, 2011

The First Night

Glowing lights make fingers dance magically in the moonlight.

I touched down in Trinidad at about 5:00pm and got to my cousin's house with enough time to take a quick nap, settle and say some quick prayers to see if I could really pull off going to a party from 12:00am-6:00am.  I had a quiet moment while getting ready. I kind of felt like a boxer in the locker room getting amped up before a big fight.  You can do this, you got this!

Things were going great until about 3:00am when I started to get slightly weak.  I sat down in the corner by a bar tent and stayed there for half an hour.  I wasn't upset, I mean ok, maybe a little frustrated that I was a bit tired but everything for a reason, right? Because I had to sit down, I was able to take things in, the crowd, the music, everything for a short time without anyone else and that was beautiful. 

The crowd started to jump up and down when a performer came on the stage and caused a frenzy so I stepped to the side literally protecting my neck laughing at how ridiculous I must have looked. But again, small victories, I was able to stay up until the wee wee hours of the morning for my first Carnival party.

Yay, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment