Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I love New Year's Eve. Ok, that's something I'm sure many say but I truly do! The 30th is just as exciting to me. Something is just in the air, you can smell it. People turn in early on the 30th. The streets are quiet, there's a stillness in the city and a kind of magic that surrounds everyone. Now, I'm not one for partying on the Eve (unless I'm in Grenada!) That's not the reason I love today. It's an opportunity to reminisce about my year...the parts I can remember, and look forward to being an even better, even healthier person. In a way, I feel like I'm on top of the world.

When I was younger, I always watched the New Year's Twilight Zone marathon. I was obsessed! There was little to do for a teenager in the city on New Year's Eve so I just watched TV until 2:00am and listening to everyone outside celebrate with champagne and confetti. Right at 11:59pm, I would turn on the countdown and turn the volume all the way down and just listen to everyone outside. Joy would radiate and you could feel it through the concrete walls of apartment buildings and across the world. Again, magical. 

Sure, dressing up and dolling up is fun but on a day like today, I much prefer to enjoy the last day of my memorable 2012 in pajamas, wrapped in a blanket watching old television shows curled up with my dog slowly drifting off to sleep with the sounds of my city in the background.

Here's to a happy healthy 2013 and wishing you all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment