Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Six Month Tune Up

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with my Hematologist. It's my six month check up tune up make sure everything is a-ok blood work up appointment. I always get such a kick out of going to that office. The patients there are more colorful than anyone I've encountered. All have at least 2 debilitating diseases but are in the best of spirits. The last time I went, I was getting my blood work done and an elderly man was getting his done next to me. He just looked at me and said "I guess we're racing." We laughed and made some small talk as I got my 6 tubes filled. He went on to tell me that he had a slew of cancers but didn't seem to down about it. That made me smile. I'm glad he was having a good day and a good outlook.

It's hard to get down about things that seem so inconsequential when you really think about how you have you health. Who knows, maybe tomorrow, I'll bring some candy for the oldies waiting to get their blood drawn since they seem to offer it to me whenever I'm there. What is it with older folks and candy? Perhaps I'll find the answer tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment