Monday, January 10, 2011

Hi Gym! Hi Job!

I was finally given clearance to go to the gym to do a light work out!  I went to the gym yesterday and took it easy.  I only did 30 minutes of cardio and I swear I was the only person in the gym smiling.  Treading along on the eliptical with a big ol cheese smile on my face and sweat dripping down my brow.  I'm definitely welcoming the soreness that comes with the day after you go to the gym.  Sweet pain, happy pain, glad to be getting back to some kind of normalcy pain. My first week of work did that to me too. I think I was so tired on Friday night that I slept over 15 hours into Saturday morning.  It was a beautiful thing. 

My memory has definitely suffered throughout all this. This became quite visible this weekend. I was walking through my neighborhood and couldn't remember where 2nd avenue was.  Now, I know where 2nd avenue is. I mean I thought I did. My memory just needed some jogging.  I was with my friend when this happened and the look on her face...I think some people don't realize that I had a bonafide stroke.  But the look on my friend's face, it became real to her in that instant.  The same thing happened a day later. I was at the supermarket with my other friend and said that we had never been there together before and he gave me the same look and told me we had been there several times before.  It took me a second but I remembered.  That same look on his face...confused but, it became real in that second.  Whoa, you're not ok, at least not 100% ok.

But I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment