Friday, January 14, 2011

I Miss...Liquor

Dear Liquor,

I really REALLY miss you. I miss daquiris, wine, and scotch.  I know that I can have one or two of you a week but gone are the days where I could carry on carefree and have 3 or 4.  Do you not realize that I have West Indian blood running through my veins?  Being a rumaholic is something that you HAVE to be.  I may be getting my card taken away because of you!

Remember how much fun we used to have?  Beers at parties and martinis at sexy venues?  My hand just looked so great having a drink in it while subtly having my pinky out partaking in interesting conversation or dancing up a storm.  I wish you weren't so bad to mix with my medication.  And it's not just because you get me woozy.  It's because, I like the taste of a good wine, I enjoy the subtle vanilla flavor in Jameson.  I can taste the oak in dark rum. 

For now, I guess I will have to be content sipping Shirley Temples, water, and fruit spritzers.  A day will come when we can reunite and when we do, it will be that much sweeter.

With two ice cubes,

Eljon

No comments:

Post a Comment