Monday, January 10, 2011

I Miss...Garbanzos

Dear Chick Peas,

I think I may miss you the most.  So high in Vitamin K, and not even green!  I miss scooping you up as hummus on a pita chip, having you as chana masala and having you as falafel in a warm pita pocket from Mamoun's.  You complete me.  You fill me, you are just a magnificent bean.

For I spent most of my young life hating you and thinking that you were gross, I have since fallen in love with you in my teenage years over Indian food and dream about the day when we can be together again.  The gentle lentil has tried to woo me but even that is high in K and has earned the shaft for now.

I guess I will have to resort to split peas or...kidney beans.  My love, I promise, once I'm able to have you, we will spend so much time together.  Days! Many many meals enjoying each other's company.  I look forward to this day and many days after. You are well loved.

In my heart,

Eljon

No comments:

Post a Comment