Saturday, January 22, 2011

Whoa There Memory

I went to a Theophilus London concert last night at the Bowery Ballroom and was so happy to be out and about.  I didn't think I would be able to go to an actual concert now.  I have to admit that standing up for that long and avoiding peoples dancing too close to me were a bit of a concern because I haven't had to stand for more than 30 minutes since this whole mess started....but I did it.

Cautiousness melted away and I felt good...until my favorite song of the night played.  I was all ready to start belting out lyrics and sing along with everyone in the dancehall, but nothing came out. I forgot all the lyrics and that was needless to say...tough.  That was...quite the feeling.  I think I listened to the song six times today and played about 10 games of Simon to try and give my brain a workout so it can retain stuff.  Yes, Simon. I know I laugh myself heehee.  I really hope that doesn't happen again.  It was...jarring.

But again, look at the positive, I remembered the beat, and that's something, right?

3 comments:

  1. i should hang out with you. i NEVER remember lyrics to songs. it's embarrassing when my dance teacher tells us to dance to a certain song because we've listened to it a million times and i go, you've played this song before? i'm horrible at recognizing lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack. this is janice by the way. didn't realize i was logged in as my alter ego. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank goodness you said that! hahaha. janice it was HORRIBLE. i was just standing there like wtf, seriously, no type of words?! epic fail.

    ReplyDelete