Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Alive...Barely

I know I haven't been the best at posting the past couple of days but with good reason.  I have had a migraine since Tuesday morning and it's still kicking my ass.  I haven't been able to work a full day today or yesterday due to the pain and I've been kind of scared that this is a sign of another stroke.

I can't take things like Excedrin or Motrin for pain because I'm on Warfarin, the evil blood thinner so my options are few and far between.  I've powered through the pain but it hasn't been easy.  In fact today, I threw up at work from it all and that was on Percoset! It is, next to Tylenol, the only thing I can take to ease aches.

Last night I was supposed to go to a get together I had organized for former coworkers who I haven't seen in about 3 years and I couldn't go because I was too sick.  It was probably one of the only times since this whole business has started where I was very depressed.  I was the one who organized the business and couldn't even go! Of course, looking back, it's a bit funny to me but still...stress makes the headaches worse so for one thing, no more checking the mail. I have noticed that seeing 5 bills a day in my mailbox is contributing to my stress levels and aches.  Mom decided for me that she's going to open everything from now on so no one send me dirty cards!

I had quite the flashback at work today.  I couldn't concentrate and felt off...just like right before I went to the ER in November.  Today, I went for an MRI at NYU again to try and figure out why I am in such searing pain.  I got my high fives from everyone who recognized me and told them that I was sorry to see them again since it's not on a good visit.  It's nice to be around people who have a good attitude, especially when you're sick. I was sent home with Prednizone and told to take a dose of that for 7 days.  It has some crazy weird side effects like...hair growth and...yellowing of skin.  Excessive hair growth? Unless it's going to be on my head, I think I'm all set.

Fingers crossed for good MRI news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment