Friday, January 7, 2011

The Little Differences

One of the things I have taken away from this whole experience is to really enjoy every moment of life.  So many times we let life pass us by whether it be wishing the work day to go by faster or hoping that Saturday comes quickly.

I've started to do little things differently.  I look people in eyes longer.  I give longer hugs. I smile at everyone (yes, I'm that nut walking down the street) and I listen, really listen, to my surroundings.  When I was home recovering, I took half an hour everyday to just listen to the silence.  I didn't talk, well most of the time because I was too tired, but I kept at it and I have to tell you, I feel much more at peace.  Try it!  I swear, I'm not crazy!

Remember it takes more muscles in your face to smile than to frown.  Why stress out? Again I say, you can be faced with tough situations but we're only given as much as we can handle.  We may not know why this happened but with some digging, you'll be surprised what you can find.

This morning I went to the Hematologist and got my blood test results (12 vials later!) and she still can't figure out what's wrong with me and while I'm a little discouraged, she did say that sometimes these things happen. So I guess I will have to be satisfied with that for now. I get to see her next month for another follow-up. I still have to be on this Warfarin for at least 3 months so that will be mid February. 

A long day so far as the snow slowly falls.  When I leave work, I'm going to listen and be silent, thankful that I can still walk and hear, I may not hear anything but even silence is beautiful and can be as loud as the noisiest concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment