Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Searching For An Answer

Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland has a stroke center...apparently one of the best in the country.  I'm really thinking of getting a second opinion.  While I know that the doctors at NYU are some of the best around, there is some comfort in knowing that a place outside the city has a specialty stroke center.

I would encourage everyone who has had a stroke to look at their website http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/ From what I see, everything looks really interesting with personable and easy to read articles (although sometimes I admit to getting sidetracked.  My concentration is something that is not back to 100% yet).  This place seems to treat people like family and I get the same feeling from them as I do when I see those Cancer Treatment Centers of America commercials. You know what I'm talking about!

This sight also again pushes the thanks I give everyday about how incredibly lucky I am.  Hopkins has a Pediatric Stroke Unit and to think that small children get strokes too worse than mine just puts things into perspective.  Nothing is that serious when you think about it. There is always someone out there who has it worse than you so if today my speech isn't great, it's ok, there's someone out there who can't speak and so on and so on.  In fact, I think this whole experience has made me a happier peson.  How weird is that? I really and truly am...happier. Try this today, let go, let God or let whatever you believe in.  I may have said this in an earlier post and if I did, well, you know, stroke memory, I forgot!

I'm now calling my disability leave from work, my "vacation".  One of the bosses at work just passed by and asked me how my "vacation" was.  I like that :) I'm so going to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment