Friday, January 28, 2011

Why So Mean?

So, I know I have been singing the praises of docs and nurses and the way they have been so nice to me as a patient throughout this whole process. Well, I know now that NOT everyone has a good bedside manner. 

Since my Neurologist is on maternity leave, I have had to speak to a covering doctor who isn't helpful to say the least.  If I call the office and say I just recently had a stroke and have searing head pain, wouldn't you call back that same business day, kind of quickly? I called these people at 10:00am and didn't hear from the doc until 9:30pm that evening. I could have had multiple strokes in that time or some kind of attack or whatever.  The crazy thing is that this is the SAME doctor that was on call when I first had the stroke and was calling to see what I should do. He didn't call me at all that one time and look what happened.

Thinking about it now, I really don't know how some people can get their medical degrees. There should be at least 3 classes devoted to bedside manner and how to deal with patients.  This is someone's health you're messing with!  You can't press reset and get a do-over.  And it's down to the receptionists too!  Such attitude.  It's not my fault you're not happy at your job.  I know that sometimes you're having a bad day but don't act like I am the one who put salt in your corn flakes.

Boo to them.

3 comments:

  1. haha, salt in your corn flakes. i like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eljon!
    I stumbled across your blog last night and read everything! I just graduated dental hygiene school and got married and I had the stroke on my honeymoon on September 28. Would you be interested in emailing me? I live in a small town and everyone that I've met that had a stroke is like 75+ so I don't have anything in common with them! My email address is ssprague5383@gmail.com

    Stacy.

    ReplyDelete